Department of Labor Rule Change Seminar
In May, the US Department of Labor issued its long-awaited final rule redefining exempt and non-exempt employees as well as minimum salary requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act that is effective December 1, 2016.
To better prepare our employers, the Frankfort Chamber in partnership with SmithAmundsen will host a seminar on What You Need to Know about this rule change. This program will help employers understand what is required and how they can comply with the new requirements.
Julie Proscia, partner in the Labor and Employment practice with SmithAmundsen, will lead the discussion and be available to answer your questions. She will discuss:
• Key provisions of the Final Rule
• Identification of affected employees
• Reclassification of job positions
• Review of handbooks, policies, and descriptions
• Tightening of overtime and “off the clock” policies and practices
• Review of benefits applicable to exempt and non-exempt employees
Frankfort Village Hall
432 W. Nebraska